Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity upgrade to new server

I have a customer that has a unified Unity 2.4.6 on an exsisting server and an existing Exchange 5.5 server. They have provided both a new server for the Unity upgrade to 4.0.3 and a new server for their Exchange 2003 upgrade. Exchange 2003 is installed already without AD Connectors in place. My question is, can I completely install Unity 4.0.3 and tie it to the new Exchange 2003 server before I do a DB Export and an uninstall of the old Unity 2.4.6? I want to get that done and then the next day do the DBExport and Unity 2.4.6 uninstall and then have the customer move all of the mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003 then import to the new Unity. Or should I wait and do the DBExport and uninstall 1st before installing the new 4.0.3 Unity?

• Unified Communications Applications
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity upgrade to new server

Yes, you can install your 4.0(3) system first - as long as you leave it clean (i.e. don't start creating/importing users on it) this wont cause a problem - it wont conflict with the existing 2.x Unity server on the network.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.