Helpful
Replies

Unity : user account undeletable

f-vanryckeghem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there somebody who can help me on this topic :

I try to delete a user account in Unity. The Delete Icon is greyed. Even with the Subscriber Manager, there is no way to delete it.

The doc tells me that the usre is probably referenced somewhere ... I browsed all the call handler, directory handler etc ... And now i cannot find any trace of this user in the Unity configuration.

So I am looking for tool like a dependency record to see where this user account is referenced in the Unity config.

Thanks a lot for your help

Frederic

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

if the subscriber is still in the Unitydb in sql you can delete him there.

Subscriber are in the subscriber table.

If you need help finding it let me know.

If the subscriber is not there then he/she is not in Unity either. AD/Exchange is another issue.

rlp

Hi there,

I am having a similar issue. A subscriber was deleted from Unity (can't see from admin page and SQL) and the AD/Exch account remains. Now when I want to re-create a subscriber for this same account, I can't find it from the add subscriber search page. It seems the Unity attribute is still tied with the AD accounts.

Is there any way to quickly reset that?

Thanks

Hi -

I believe this is included in the Cisco Unity Tools Depot on the Unity server. The utility is called Remove Subscriber Properties. Check in the Diagnostic Tools. If not there, you can download from http://www.ciscounitytools.com. Note: This is ADSIEdit and you are editing user attributes. When you find the user, if you see the Bunnyhead icon, Cisco Unity attributes are still associated with that account. Right-click and select Remove. It will prompt for your OK to continue. Once this has been run, you should be able to readd/import the user into Unity. Also, I find it easier to locate the user in ADUC first, so that I know which container/OU to drill down to.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: