cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Users to a new server

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently in the process of wanting to move Unity users to a new unity server (not a replacement). Normally I would use DiRT to igrate these users, but I am only moving about 75 users off of one Unity server to another (DiRT backs them all up).

A little background (All Unity versions are 5.0(1):

Users in Domain A and Domain B are currently using Unity Server X in Domain A. I was testing out the scenario with having both users use the same Unity server, but different Exchange stores. Long story short, the latency was too great, and users in Domain B are getting a new Unity Server. Now I have 50+ users on the Unity Server, that I would like to migrate their settings to a brand new Unity Server.

Is COBRAS the answer?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!!!

7 Replies 7

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

You could use a couple tools here:

Subscriber Information Dump

http://ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/SubscriberInformationDump3/SubscriberInfoDump.htm

Global Subscriber Manager

http://ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/GSM/GlobalSubscriberManager_ENU.htm

The GSM tool is a little more involved and requires some pretty specific permissions.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Thanks for the suggestions.

Doesn't the Subscriber Info Dump only dump the information to a txt file? How can I use this to import?

GSM - I will take a look at that one...

It'll generate a .csv and then you can use the Bulk Import Exchange tool and point to the .csv.

Will that import all the stream files as well?

no it is a csv

the txt is only a list of users that got dumped.

Randy

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Have you tried using the MigrateSubscriberData tool?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the Unity servers are in different domains, then Cobras is the answer. If they are in the same domain, GSM tool is the way to go. Digital Network the servers, then use GSM to move between Unity servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: