Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity VMO 4.0(5) multiple users logging in to same VM box

I have a customer that is running Unity 4.0(5) VMO and they have many ?shared? mail boxes. We recently upgraded their hardware (Oct ?06) by installing Unity and performing a DiRT restore. After the new hardware upgrade users are complaining that the login behavior has changed on the shared mail boxes.

Prior to the upgrade if any user was logged in to a shared mail box and another user tried to access the same mail box the second caller would hear a message that someone else was accessing the mail box. After the upgrade this is not the behavior. Multiple users are able to access the mail box simultaneously.

I am not sure what setting to change in order to limit access to mail boxes to a single user at a time. I have looked at the advanced settings tool but do not find anything that looks like it would limit access.

Has anyone run into this that can point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity VMO 4.0(5) multiple users logging in to same VM box

I believe in older versions of Unity the limitations of a single user in a box at the same time had to do with limitations on the MAPI connection capabilities - once the threading issues had been worked out between Unity and the MS libraries, they opened this up. Right off hand I can't say what version this changed in but it's been a while.

As far as I know there is no way to force only a single user to be able to access a single mailbox at a time.

Views
Helpful
Replies