Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity voice issues

I have got a Unity 4.0(2) system that is voice mail only with Exchange on box. I am getting some errors in the event viewer that I am not sure of and I cant really find what they mean. Also, this past Friday I had the strangest message I have ever seen. Someone was leaving and internal vm for another user and about 8 seconds in it just cut over to another conversation. It sounded as it would if someone changed the radio station on an old radio. It basically tuned in the new conversation. The errors I have gotten are listed below.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess

Event Category: Topology

Event ID: 2102

Date: 3/1/2004

Time: 7:11:57 AM

User: N/A

Computer: WHHS-VOICEMAIL

Description:

Process MAD.EXE (PID=2128). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding:

WHHS-VOICEMAIL.voicemail.com

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store

Event Category: Replication Errors

Event ID: 3079

Time: 7:09:15 AM

Description:

Unexpected replication thread error 0x80004005 on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (WHHS-VOICEMAIL)".

FReplAgent

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Event Source: LicenseService

Event Category: None

Event ID: 202

Time: 5:55:59 AM

Description:

The product Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server is out of licenses. Use License Manager from the Administrative Tools folder for more information on which users are out of compliance and how many licenses should be purchased.

3 REPLIES

Re: Unity voice issues

Hi Jeremy,

Event ID: 2102

The first error you list could be a “normal” error, if the Unity server is the only GC/DC in its own domain, from newsgroup postings it appears that this event can be safely ignored. Apparently, Microsoft PSS confirmed that this error code is a benign error and is a result of running in a single GC/DC environment.

Also, as per Q328646, this issue may occur if the Exchange Enterprise Servers security group does not have "Manage auditing and security logs" permissions on the domain controller.

Event ID: 3079

MSExchangeIS Public

See Q263908 and Q821930 for more information

For Event ID: 202

You can turn off the License service and that will stop those errors.

These errors have nothing to do with the conversation problem you described.

When you say “it just cut over to another conversation” where/when did this happen?

Was it during the caller leaving the message, and the caller reported this to you?

Or were you listening to the recorded message and you could hear the caller interrupted with another Unity prompt?

Mike

What was happening was that you would be listening to a message, it would start to garble and then you would hear another conversation overtop of the message being left. Other times the message would just cut out and another conversation to a different user would start to play.

Cisco Employee

For the 2102 message, the most likely cause is that the Kerberos ticket timed out. When the Kerberos tickets that are associated with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) connections time out, all LDAP connections get errors because the security contexts have failed. The connections must be reestablished. Because there is only one domain controller in this topology, there are no other servers to obtain a ticket from while this reestablishment takes place. Therefore, the error occurs.

Having at least two GCs will fix this issue but in a standalone Unity, you do not have that luxury.

H. M.

Views
Helpful
Replies