Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity: Voice-mail for non-Exchange subscribers

Hi everyone!

I have this issue: customer wants to enable voice-mail for non-Exchange users, I've created them as Internet subscribers for using with auto attendant, but I can't enable voice-mail for these extensions, basically the customer does not want for this users to receive the messages in their mail just only check it on IP phones. Is there a possible way???

Thanks in advance for your help

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity: Voice-mail for non-Exchange subscribers

Sorry, unless you give these users a VM account then they won't be able to receive voice-mail with Unity.  There is no concept of a subscriber that does not have an associated AD and Exchange account.  You would have more options on this with Unity Connection.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Cisco Employee

Re: Unity: Voice-mail for non-Exchange subscribers

To add to Hailey's comment, here's the documentation that explains the behavior/limitations of Internet Subscribers in case you're interested in checking it out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/networking/guide/ex/5xcunet040e.html#wp1050583

Hope that helps,

Brad

Views
Helpful
Replies