cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Voice Mail integrated with Lotus Domino 6.5 problem

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

When one user call to one extension that is not answered, the unity answer that call playing some prompts and ask for leaving a message. After record the voice message the user press key 1 on the phone to send the message, and the unity play another message saying the operation was successful accomplished.

However in the windows event viewer is recorded the following error:

Source: CiscoUnity_PHGreeting

Event ID: 504

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 504 ) in Source ( CiscoUnity_PHGreeting ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: CreateSubscriberMsg; 0x80041a00; 5187; e:\Views\cs_CU4.0.4.221\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp;

When the called user tries to connect to the Unity Voice Mail System, after the password introduction the unity play a message saying that the system is temporally down and cannot complete the call.

Error in windows event viewer:

Source: CiscoUnity_ConvSubscrib

Event ID: 119

Description:

An unexpected error has occured while a subscriber is on the phone with Unity. This can potentially result in the subscriber hearing the failsafe conversation. Technical details are - IAvDohMailUser::Get(AVP_MAIL_SERVER) returned [0x8004010f] on line 3696 of file e:\Views\cs_CU4.0.4.221\un_Conv1\Scripted\ConvSub\SubSignIn.cpp.

10 Replies 10

jpattishall
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 500 user Unity UM server 4.0(5) with Domino 6.5.4 and i experience both of the aforementioned messages and behaviors.

IBM seems quite worthless in assisting in the troubleshooting effort. Have you made any progress on this?

Cordially,

Jan

Hi,

The only time I've seen those errors in Event Viewer is when during testing I've intentionally stopped the Domino server that Unity submits messages to (let's call it the Domino message delivery server). Are you seeing any CiscoUnity_DsDomino or CiscoUnity_MALLn errors indicating Domino connectivity problems in Event Viewer around the time that this happens? Also, are your Domino servers clustered?

We fixed a number of defects in 4.1(1) around Domino connectivity issues. There are some engineering specials for 4.0.5 that might help you. Go to the following link, and page down to see all the engineering specials for 4.0.5

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_notes_list.html

In particular, take a look at:

Cisco Unity 4.0(5) Engineering Special 42

Cisco Unity 4.0(5) Engineering Special 30

Cisco Unity 4.0(5) Engineering Special 7

Nancy

Nancy,

I do not receive any DsDomino or MALLn errors; just the two aforementioned on a sporadic basis. Problem is that recently i am receiving them a few times a day.

I was thinking of doing the 4.1 upgrade anyways, so if you think that is a good idea; i will move forward with it.

I am currently running ES7 as well which did help with some connectivity issues we were having during initial testing.

Thanks!

Jan

Jan,

Just be aware that 4.1 is English only. So if you don't need the multi-language version of Unity, then upgrading to 4.1 *should* help the situation with the connectivity issues (famous last words...:-).

Are your Domino servers clustered?

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I'm not seeing any CiscoUnity_DsDomino or CiscoUnity_MALLn errors indicating Domino connectivity problems in Event Viewer.

I also have one Domino Server!

I will try to apply engineering specials to see if it solves this problem

Hi,

Since you only have one Domino server, there is a Advanced Settings Tool key called "Conversation—(Unity Domino only) Enable UMR Conversation" that you can enable. This will prevent subscribers from hearing the failsafe conversation when they logon when Unity has lost connectivity with Domino. Instead of getting the failsafe conversation, they get the UMR conversation that allows them to listen to messages that callers have left since the outage.

Just remember... if you add another Domino server in the future and cluster them, be sure to set the key back to the default value (1). You will run into numerous problems in a clustered environment with that key set to 0.

Look for the topic called "Cisco Unity with Domino: UMR Conversation Is Disabled by Default" here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a008022e04d.html#wp245701

Nancy

I found CSCdz28335 saying there's no workaround for UMR with a Domino cluster. What sort of problems would you see if UMR was enabled?

Thx!

Hi, I am having a huge problem...I have Unified messaging 4.05 with domino 6.5 with Failover...every 2 or 3 days...I ge the the ciscoUnity_dsdomino and the Ciscounity_malln erros and then after that error it fails over to the secondary box..It says it can no longer access the notes database reliably and it failsover. I have went through all of the ES and none talk about the Ciscounity_malln at all...any thoughs

Hello,

I'm having the same problem of the failsafe conversation and I'm having the CiscoUnity_MALLn eventviewer error every 5 minutes.

I'm running CCM 4.1(3) and Unity 4.1(2) with Domino.

Have you solved this problem?

Regards,

Ruben

hchowdh
Level 1
Level 1

I would enable the micro-traces: DOH 10, AlCommon 10, MALLN- All, NotesCommon - ALL and the Conversation Flow Macro traces. Start a new set of logs, reproduce the issue and then collect the logs under the AvcsMgr process.

See what errors are being reported in there.