cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Voice Mail Port External Phone Number Mask

mwadam
Level 1
Level 1

I have 10 vm ports reserved for outboud message notification. In CallManager for all 10 voice port configurations I have the external number mask set to a specific number (no wild cards). When Unity makes the outbound call the callerid shows as the billing phone number for the outgoing PRI. This tells me that the CO is not seeing the callerid correctly based on their tables so it replaces it with the billing number. I have verified that the number I am using in the mask is in their tables, and that the PRI sends correct callerid on all other calls. Only the voice mail ports callerid is incorrect. Am I missing something somewhere else that needs to be set? The actual DN on the voice mail ports is a private internal number which is also specified on the vm ports in UTIM.

Thanks!!!

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is it possible to check the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask box on the local 7-digit route pattern to see if that solves the problem?

Brandon

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is the order of applied number transformations:

1. External phone number mask

2. Translation pattern

3. Route pattern

4. Route list using route group details

5. Transformation on the terminating device

Could the outbound call be hitting a Translation Pattern or Route Pattern with the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask box unchecked?

Brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for the reply.

I am with you on the order of transformations. None of the route patterns or route groups or route lists have the check enabling the use of the external mask. No translation patterns are being used. All phones have an external mask defined with xxxx as the last for wildcards and they all go out with the proper callerid. The only calls that seem to go out with the billing number, even though the mask is set to a specific number, are the vm ports. I would think that if the phones are working properly that I do not have to check the use external mask on the route pattern.

More thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Adam

Do the VM ports have the same CSS as the phones that work? Do you have a Calling Party Transform Mask set at the route pattern or route list levels?

Brandon

Brandon,

The vm ports have a unique css that only allows local 7 digit calls. This route pattern is the same one the phones use, but their css has more partitions available.

There are no transformation on the route patterns or the route lists.

Thanks!!!

Adam

Is it possible to check the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask box on the local 7-digit route pattern to see if that solves the problem?

Brandon

Brandon,

That's what I was thinking of trying also. I am not at the site now, but upon my return I will give it a try and test it.

Thanks!!!

Adam

Just curious. Did this solve the problem?

Thanks,

Brandon

Do not have remote access into the network. Will be back on-site next Wed. I will test and let you know.

Adam

Brandon,

I checked the use external mask box on the route group and added an mask 1234567XXXX and it solved the problem.

Thanks!!!

Adam

If there was a post or posts that helped, would you mind to give a rating?

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon,

Will do. Thought I would also let you know that even though this fixed the VM callerid issue, it also broke the ELINs for Emergency Responder. Since the external mask on the Route List/Group overrides a route pattern, the PSAP was not receiving the correct callerid to allow the ALI information to be populated. So, I had to create another Route List/Group specifically for the E911 patterns and change their Route List to this one.

Adam

Great information. Thanks Adam.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: