Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity- Voice Mail

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have a unity server version 7 (voice mail) , it is working fine , later the customer request to me to change it to Unified messaging  instead of voice mail only , my question is

is  there a way to change Voice mail server to Unified Messaging server without re-installing  ??? or i have to re-install againg ????

thanks and regards

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

Take a look at this Cisco link - white paper that discusses moving from a voicemail implementation to unified messaging -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/white/paper/cuumvme.html#wp79330

If you have Exchange running on the Unity server and the Unity server is in its own AD forest/domain, you will need to rebuild and separate Exchange from Unity.  If your Unity server is already a member server in the AD forest/domain that supports your Exchange servers and is not running Exchange onbox with Unity, you are better off.  Best wishes.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: