cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Voice Messages can be stored offline (wav files) ?

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Pros,

I have a Unity VMS 3.x. Wanted to know, is there a way voice messages stored on Unity can be selected & stored offline as individual files.

Regards,

Pratik

2 Replies 2

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

if your unity system uses exchange as its messageStore, then it is a pretty simple procedure to get these messages and copy them to another location.

the location may or mayNOT be the same for your 3.x as i have with 4.0.5. (not sure of 3.x)

in 4.0.5 it is possible to browse the exchange server for the MBX (mailbox) folder. in this folder is a folder for every subscriber configured to use that exchange as the messageStore. (the users folders are the same name as the AD alias)

in the 'user' folder is an INBOX folder where all messages that have not been deleted are stored. you could copy or move these to any location you want on CD, fileServer, USB...

the files stored in the users INBOX folder are in .EML (email) format and can be read with any outlook or outlook express client.

inside the .eml file is a .WAV file that can be copied, run, etc.

i'll see if i can verify where the messages for 3.x are stored and post it if i find it.

FYI my version is 3.1(5)