Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Voicemail Issue

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am facing one problem with Unity System. The issue when I press message button on my IP Pohne it first gives 4 to 5 rings and then connects to the unity for password prompt. As per my knowledge when we press the message button it directly prompt for passowrd instead of ringing initially.

Regards,

Vaijanath

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vaijanath,

You're correct, it shouldn't be ringing 4-5 times before picking up.  What it sounds like may be happening is that the port algorithm may be working behind the scenes and the first few ports may be busy, so you'll hear ringback until it actually finds an available port.  I would double check to make sure the ports aren't locked, or restart them from the CUCM side (if you're using CUCM).  If that doesn't work, most likely a look at the application logs and/or call control traces is the next step.

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vaijanath,

You're correct, it shouldn't be ringing 4-5 times before picking up.  What it sounds like may be happening is that the port algorithm may be working behind the scenes and the first few ports may be busy, so you'll hear ringback until it actually finds an available port.  I would double check to make sure the ports aren't locked, or restart them from the CUCM side (if you're using CUCM).  If that doesn't work, most likely a look at the application logs and/or call control traces is the next step.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thanks for your response. This is now resolved.  The issue was with CallManager Line Group Distribution Algorithm. Earlier it was set to Top Down. This was creating the issue. Now I changed it to Longest Idle Time.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Glad you were able to resolve it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: