cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Voicemail Ports

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

We have 1 PUB and 2 Subs. Currently the Voicemail Ports are registered with the PUB, we rebooted the PUB and noticed that

the Voicemail ports dropped - OPPS dont want that. What is the best alternative? I am leading towards creating SIP trunks for Voicemail:

3 SIP trunks, For each of PUB and Subs and create a route list with all three SIP trunks. Would this be the best practice, seems simple enough?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure I completely follow, correct me if I am wrong:

1. You have a three node CUCM cluster:  1 Pub and 2 subs

2. You have Unity with a single server

First, why is your Unity server connecting to the publisher for call processing?  Is there some special requirement such as physical proximity?   Unless your CUCM subscribers are in a separate physical location i would recommend configuring Unity to to use the CUCM subscribers.  You can do this using SCCP or SIP.

For SCCP, configure a CM group that has either Subscriber_A-Subscriber_B or Subscriber_-Publisher (if that makes more sense).  Assign the CM group to a device pool and assign the device pool to your Unity VM ports (in CUCM).  You can use the Voicemail port wizard to edit a large number of Unity VM ports if you need to.   The idea is that on the CUCM side you are defining two CUCM servers for Unity VM ports and specifying the preference of which server should be used during normal operations.

Once that is complete, then go to the console on your Unity server. Go to Programs>Cisco Unity>Manage Integrations.  This will launch UTIM.  In UTIM you can configure the existing CUCM integration you have defined.  Modify the primary CM address to correspond to the primary CUCM server you configured in the CM Group/Device Pool you assigned to the VM ports in CUCM.  Add a secondary CM address that corresponds to the secondary server you assigned in CUCM.  You will have to restart the Unity services after you save the config for it to take affect.

I am not sure which versions you are running, but here is a URL that may provide helpful.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny090.html

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure I completely follow, correct me if I am wrong:

1. You have a three node CUCM cluster:  1 Pub and 2 subs

2. You have Unity with a single server

First, why is your Unity server connecting to the publisher for call processing?  Is there some special requirement such as physical proximity?   Unless your CUCM subscribers are in a separate physical location i would recommend configuring Unity to to use the CUCM subscribers.  You can do this using SCCP or SIP.

For SCCP, configure a CM group that has either Subscriber_A-Subscriber_B or Subscriber_-Publisher (if that makes more sense).  Assign the CM group to a device pool and assign the device pool to your Unity VM ports (in CUCM).  You can use the Voicemail port wizard to edit a large number of Unity VM ports if you need to.   The idea is that on the CUCM side you are defining two CUCM servers for Unity VM ports and specifying the preference of which server should be used during normal operations.

Once that is complete, then go to the console on your Unity server. Go to Programs>Cisco Unity>Manage Integrations.  This will launch UTIM.  In UTIM you can configure the existing CUCM integration you have defined.  Modify the primary CM address to correspond to the primary CUCM server you configured in the CM Group/Device Pool you assigned to the VM ports in CUCM.  Add a secondary CM address that corresponds to the secondary server you assigned in CUCM.  You will have to restart the Unity services after you save the config for it to take affect.

I am not sure which versions you are running, but here is a URL that may provide helpful.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny090.html

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

CM 7.x and Unity 7.X

Thanks for the pointers.

I have gone into Unity, Selected the Port Group, Selected EDIT then Servers and added the "IP Address or Host name" and placed them into the Order that we needed.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: