Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity - VPIM, cannot deliver

I'm testing the VPIM communication with the 3rd party system(Callexpress) and have a delivery issue.

1. Unity and Callexpress both systems are on the same AD domain as name domain1.com

- create two DNS zones that domain1.com and yyyy.ca and register the A and MX record. unity into domain1.com and Callexpress to yyyy.ca

2. Unity(4.0.4sr1)

- primary location, dialID=1111, SMTP domain=domain1.com

- delivery location, dialID=2222, SMTP domain=yyyy.ca

- subscriber ext=5001

3. Exchange VC

- VPIM transport sink=domain1.com

- recipient policies=@domain1.com

4. Callexpress

- primary location, dialID=2222, SMTP domain=yyyy.ca

- delivery location, dialID=1111, SMTP domain=domain1.com

- subscriber ext=2002

5. if I send a message from Unity to callexpress, fails the delivery with showing the recipient as to:2222+5F2002@domain1.com

6. if I sending from callexpress, success the delivery with format from:2222+5F2002@domain1.com, to:test1@domain1.com

Q} why the Unity send the SMTP doamin format as domain1.com instead of yyyy.ca? or please advide to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity - VPIM, cannot deliver

it was DNS name issue. copied the callexpress name from dynamically learned via the AD into yyyy.ca zone's A and MX record.

Re: Unity - VPIM, cannot deliver

my previous resolution was wrong. it was my mistake by coincidence. the problem was SMTP domain yyyy.ca in the exchange default policy. since remove it I can successfully able to sending from Unity to Callexpress.

- recipient policies=@domain1.com, @yyyy.ca

The SMTP domain described is the production environment. is there any way to send from Untiy to Callexpress with keep the yyyy.ca which Callexpress's local domain?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content