Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity with Lotus Domino

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm a newcomer for Unity and Domino. Now we have Unity 4.2 that will be installed and integrated with CCM5.0 & Domino. As I read in the Cisco Unity Installation Guide, we must create a Group in Domino with type of MultiPurpose and then assigned it some permissions. Moreover, we have to register an Unity person and add this account to the group created above.

Could anyone tell me the purpose of doing so? (why we need this group and this unity person. What does this account do?)

Many thanks,

Hiep

1 Reply 1

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Unity logs onto Notes using the person document that you create. The Unity service DsDomino needs to have the Unity person in the UnityServers group in order to monitor the Domino directory. Whatever Notes APIs DsDomino uses requires a group. The group name has to be "UnityServers" -- DsDomino is looking for that name.

I recommend that you review the Domino Chapter in the Unity Design Guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a008022f63b.html). You might also want to buy the Cisco Unity Deployment and Solutions Guide (available on amazon.com). The chapter on Domino is quite good.

Nancy