cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity with PBXLink

ftsao49
Level 5
Level 5

I have a Unity 4.0.4 server tied to a PBXLink, with port a configured for 8 ports and an inactive port b. When I start the integration, port a is solid, but then the VMail light goes from a flashing green to unlit. I've got the integration from Unity configured, and the speed, parity, etc match up. I don't have anything from an error message perspective, but when I call from a Nortel phone the PBXLink does see the call come through, but Unity never answers.

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity should answer incoming calls on the analog lines regardless of whether or not the PBXLink is working correctly. So you may need to look at this as two issues...

1. Unity should answer the calls

2. PBXLink should monitor the lines, parse the call info, and send SMDI to Unity

For 1, you might try taking the line from Unity and connecting it to a standard analog phone. Now, when you place your test call, does the phone ring? If so, then diags from Unity might be needed to see whether it sees the incoming rings and what it does with them.

For 2, you can use the integration monitor on Unity to watch for inbound SMDI. If the SMDI looks ok then I wouldn't worry about the LEDs on the PBXLink. If you're not getting any serial data from the PBXLink, then review all the config settings one more time. If the config looks okay but the PBXLink still can't parse the display correctly then you may need TAC to help capture traces from the PBXLink.

Also, when you checked for error messages, did you check the on the PBXLink or just on Unity?

-Eric

1) Yes, the phone does ring on an analog phone. It is plugged into diaglogic cards, and there are 2 numbers on each analog line. I've even tried using a splitter to have only 1 line into the dialogic card. Unity sees nothing on the port monitor nor the integration monitor.

2) Nothing appears on the integration monitor, but I can see the informaion monitoring the PBXLink.

There are no errors on Unity as far as I can tell. Nothing in the application or system log anyway.

-Freddie

Since you are using a Dialogic card, what card are you you using? 2, 4, 8, 12 port. Some of the cards have flakey software and need patches to get them to operate correctly.

you should not use any type of analog splitter into the dialogic card. Unless the card is a 6 physical port card with 12 available analog lines. Then you have to break out the pairs correctly to have the dialogic recieve the call.

If this is a new install, make sure the integration configuration has been completed. If this was an existing Unity server and you add Diaglogic cards to it, you will need to load the software from the Unity CDs or install Directory. You can't use the windows drivers with these beasts.

If you have a 4 port card, make sure you have the jumpers set correctly. These are well documented in the Unity install guide (the big one)

If the Diaglogic card service is started in Windows, the card should be running. If it is running, make sure Learn Tones has been done to see if the Diaglogic card and Unity are in sync with the analog DTMF coming from the PBXlink.

If the Integration Monitor is blank, it's not always a bad thing. Sometimes it just does not read the packets at all. Then it would be some sort of timing issue and Learn Tones sometimes fixes this.

hth

Tommer