Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity won't start/Miu licensing error

All,

Having trouble getting Unity to start after some AD changes. We de-commisioned an aging domain controller as well as our Exchange server. We did the Exchange first. I got Unity to run fine after that. A couple of days later we took the domain controller offline. I ran the DC/GC re-connect tool with success. However while attempting to start Unity I get the following events in the event viewer:

Source: CiscoUnity_Miu

Category: Init

Event ID: 508

Description:

Media component (Miu) initialize failed. Unable to read data from the license server. To troubleshoot this problem, open the Cisco Unity Licensing snap-in and examine the alerts. (internal failure code=0x80070035).

Source: CiscoUnity_CsServices

Category: Init

EventID: 1021

Description:

AvCsMgr: Component Miu initialize failed. Turn on diagnostics for component Miu to troubleshoot. Technical Details: IAvCsComponent::Initialize failed with error [0x80070035; The network path was not found.

Source: CiscoUnity_CsServices

Category: Error

EventID: 1009

Description:

AvCsMgr service failed to initialize the component manager.

Can't find anything on the second two errors. Found somthing on the first but it didn't check out. AVLic is running. I re-loaded the license file. It seems to be fine. There are no alerts in the Unity licensing mmc. I'm stuck here. Any ideas where to start? Unity version is 4.0(5)

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity won't start/Miu licensing error

When you opened Cisco Unity Licensing snap-in, what alerts did you see? Can you post them?

These steps might work:

Unload the license file you have.

Load the demo license.

Unload the demo license.

Reload the original license file.

It must be an AD issue with the new domain controller. I ran the permissions wizard for the domain administrator account and set the services to log on with the same domain administrator account. Unity started fine. I'll probably take another look at it next week but for the mean time, the issue seems to not be related to the licensing server.

Remember your Unity License is tied into your the MAC address of your NIC. If you have changed servers and reloaded Unity... you will need to have TAC update your license file with the correct MAC address.

hope this helps.

tc

Views
Helpful
Replies