cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity4.0.5

talmand
Level 1
Level 1

After install, when accessing mail and providing the correct password, response goes silent until timeout, we seem to be having exchange trouble but am unsure. I know the password for the mailbox is correct because if I enter it wrong it responds and all other unity responds such as dialing another extension, it is just on accessing your personal mail does it fail.

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you trying to enter the TUI interface and check voicemail, or is in Outlook or some form of a client application?

Check basics first:

- can you leave a messege in the test mailbox?

- MWI lights up?

- Dial into Unity pilot number

- does Unity ask for Unity ID or Unity PW?

- If you enter in your unity passcode, does it reject it, even though you know it is correct?

Accessing mail thru the message button, we receive enter your password, then long delay and we get message about message store offline and all the temp stuff.

We setup our exchange box as pdc, msg store, dns in the lab, but we are getting message store failure, yet we can contact it, syscheck comes back successful in all checks and we can import new exchange users.

Could be that the Unity system account is not able to logon to the Exchange mailbox to retrieve messages.

Download the latest version of Unity Permissions Wizard from http://www.ciscounitytools.com and run it and see if that helps.

Regards,

Anup

We are not even getting the messages to Mailstore they are staying Local temporary

We have checked permissions, port status monitor actually show checking for up mailstore then shows playing message saying temp offline. I know it is probably an Exchange problem, just unsure what it might be.

yep,I would run the permission wizards to make sure that the Unity has access to the store. Also, check something basic that everyone forgets.... DNS. Make sure that Unity can ping the Exchange store and Active Directory is functioning properly in the domain. IF DNS is not resolving correctly Exchange, then Unity will for sure fail in contacting the Exchange server.

In your Exchange 'System Manager' make sure under Servers > Unity server > First Storage Group > Mailbox Store ----- make sure it's online (if you right click than it should give you option 'Dismount Store' --- which means it's online) If it's offline, than the right click option will have something like 'Mount Msg Store'.

You can also try restarting 'Microsoft Exchange Information Store' & 'Microsoft Exchange Site Replication Services' on your Exchange server.

Sulabh.

You may also want to try rebooting both Exchange and Unity servers.

Reboot Exchange first and let it come up and once all exchange services are running then reboot Unity server.

Regards,

Anup

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: