Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity4.2.1, failover SQL account

I created an account as name 'UnitySql' in AD server and assigned into the two services in Unity primary and secondary,

-MSSQLSERVER

-SQLSERVERAGENT

when I set the logon as 'UnitySql@test.com' its not automatic start when Unity box reboot but able to manual start by reenter the account information from the service

when I set the logon as 'test\UnitySql' always okay... (**test=AD's NetBIOS name).

I never been problem with the format @ but I have an issue. I have no idea the customer AD environmnet such as policy.....

Any idea the logon format issue?

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES

Re: Unity4.2.1, failover SQL account

The SQL services use NetBIOS for logon, therefore you need DOMAIN\Account as your path.

Thanks Gary,

I never been problem with UnitySql@test.com for a couple Unity failover system and this is my first time problem with the format and works with NetBIOS name. the difference is I don't have any visibility the AD server. is it dependency on AD? e.g. domain policy...

John.

Hmmm, not sure how it would have worked for you before. I've never been able to use FQDN for services startup. Did you change the account from NetBIOS pathe to FQDN after SQL installation perhaps? Check this out as well:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283811

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content