cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity4.x: automatically add prefix after key input duing CH greeting

matthewik.lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I would like to use a call handler as aa greeting for my customer. When caller calls in and hear the greeting, then press extension number. Once the extension digits finishing collected, say 1234, can unity automatically add prefix, say 88, to the "1234 to make the call meet some subscriber extension number, 881234. Can this be done??

Matthdew

5 Replies 5

chuks
Level 1
Level 1

Matthew,

Cisco unity can do this. Simply configure call transfer for each subcriber to be the 88XXXX number (where XXXX is the 4-digit extension dialed by callers). The procedure is as follows:

1. From Cisco Unity Administration, click on Subscribers,then Find and Select the subscriber

2. Click on Call Transfer

3. Select Yes, ring subscriber at this number, then type the number on which the subscriber can be reached (i.e 881234 for example)

4. Then save

The call will be routed to the extension 881234 if it is valid.

The procedure will be repeated for each subscriber.

Hi Chuks,

Thanks and need some clarifications.

My intent is shown as,

1. Caller dial to a call handler, say A

2. While A's greeting is played, the caller presses 1234 for the subscriber, say B, actually with extension number 881234

3. 88 automatically prefix for this call handler "A" to make it look like the caller pressed 881234, and say 89 for another call handler, say C.

4. 881234 matched B's actual extn. and ring subscriber at this number as "call transfer" config'ed

Hope you may know my intents..

Matthew

This is currently not possible. However, a feature that can do this is being added for the 5.0 release. Not a lot of detail here but it is being tracked as a feature request (sev6) bug...

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCse16249

-Eric

Eric, thanks. My intents for this thread are for multi-tenant AA as you may know

1. Caller dial in to A's AA

2. Tenant A's user, say C, with extension(= A's prefix + C's extension) to make no overlaying numbering within unity's, like 881234(88 = A's prefix, 1234=C's extension)

3. Ring C's ip phone with actually "881234" sent to CCM while the caller acutally pressed "1234"

Do you have any ideas if my thoughts may be done any way? Thanks.

Matthew

I believe that is how the feature will work in 5.0.

In the mean time, this is probably the best online doc for ideas on how what exists today for taking steps toward tenant services...

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Audio%20Text%20Applications%20in%20Unity.doc