cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity7 Voice recognition Server

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to install VoiceRecognitionServer on the same server as Unity7 (7825 I3) ?

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Guy,

A dedicated ***server is a requirement to use these "cool" features;

Managing Voice-Recognition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voice-recognition features allow subscribers to interact with Cisco Unity by speaking rather than by using the phone keypad. The features are licensed by number of concurrent sessions, and ***require installation and configuration of voice-recognition software on a separate and dedicated server. Voice recognition is not available to outside callers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag165e.html#wp1054336

Hope this helps!

Rob

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Guy,

In addition to what Rob mentioned, if you happen to have another server at your disposal, you may want to look into Speech Connect which gives the outside callers the flexibility of having their voice recognized.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/speech_connect/cuscreadme.html

Brad

Hey Brad,

Very nice indeed! Can you expand upon this one feature in particular;

**Configures on Cisco phones as a dialtone replacement or as a speed-dial setting.

As always, Thanks!

Rob

PS: +5 Points for this nice addition :)

Basically what that's saying is that you can configure a phone to PLAR to Speech Connect to eliminate dial tone. And the speed-dial is pretty self explanatory, setup for dialing Speech Connect directly from a phone.

Hope that answers your question.

Brad

Hi Brad,

Makes perfect sense! I wasn't thinking along those lines but this has some really great applications.

Thanks very much for this!

Rob

Rob,

I dont consider the speech recognition engine that requires you to say "3" instead of "delete message" as "cool". If you have to know the DTMF option why would you say it? That was the how Unity speech connect behaved last time I checked. It has some way to go in my opinion to be worth implementing, especially with dedicated server.

Chris

Hey Chris,

I have to agree that some of this has limited application value for many (but not all) users. We just worked with the "Speech Recognition" portion of UC 7.0 over the last number of months but not like this Speech Connect. I did think of some applications for accessability that would be worthwhile for sure. I just like the added flexability that these options provide.

I can see some good value for users who don't like searching through the IP Phone directory, so maybe set them up with a Speed Dial key to the "Speech Connect" Voice directory. I could search for "Chris Deren" just by saying your name:)

The PLAR idea has some merit for phones that are in Lobby's or secure areas that you want to be able to contact users without knowing their DN's etc.

+5 points for weighing in on this my friend. As always, much appreciated.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: