Views
Helpful
Replies

Unityconnection Port Staus Monitor Not Working

gpsriramdc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ,

Port status monitor is not working. unityconnection version 7.1.5.

We enabled the port status monitor & given the PC IPaddress.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm assuming you have an IP addressed filled in and it's just not on your screen shot...

What version of rPSM?

rPSM uses port 5000 to communicate with Connection (this is noted in the help but I should probably put some static text to this effect on the login form for clarity).  Make sure it's not being blocked between your client and the Connection server.

Beyond that there's not much that can go wrong - it's simply getting text streaming off that port once your client has been registered (Connection wont talk to any client that doesn't have an IP that matches in the list there). 

No DB or other connections are needed or are in use.

I am using rPSM 2.0.0.16 and UnityConnection 8.6.1.  I've noticed that I will get the "Connection refused by remote server - make sure the IP address of the client machine you're running remote port status monitor on is included in the list on the Connection server that allows for remote connections.  See help for more details." error message for a minute or two after I add the new IP address to the Allowed List.

If I am patient enough, and keep trying it will eventually let me in.  Is there a service I can restart to speed this conversation up or do I just need to wait for the timeout value before the allowed list is refreshed?

thanks,

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

i hope this is help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsg040.html

---

Posted by WebUser JanMark Francisco

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

i hope this is help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsg040.html

---

Posted by WebUser JanMark Francisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: