Views
Helpful
Replies

Uniy 5.0 - determining current CCM-OS patch level/installing MS Hotfixes

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to work out what level of Cisco OS release our Unity 5.0 W2K3 servers are running? (ie "2003.0(2a)_SR2" etc)

On CallManager it was possible to run 'mcsver.exe' which showed the Cisco OS release the software was at.

Is this possible in Unity 5.0 at all?

I notice that key MS patches are NOT available for seperate download from Cisco at this link: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/PlatformList.x?sftType=Voice+Applications+OS+and+BIOS+Updates&mdfid=281063851&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&mdfLevel=Software%20Version/Option&url=null&modelName=Cisco+Unity+Version+5.0&isPlatfo...

For example - i cant find MS07-042 to download. Is this because it is bundled within an OS release, or is this because Cisco dont support that particular MS hotfix patch...?

Thoughts very much appreciated.

Kind regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Andy,

You answered your own question :) Unity doesn't have software release levels like Call Manager. The latest Server Updates Wizard will install all of the latest MS patches that have been tested to work with Unity.

Hope this helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

Hi -

On Windows OS systems, you can check the security patches that have been applied several ways:

- By going to Control Panel - select Add or Remove Programs and check the box Show Updates

- Default C:\Windows directory and look for the $Nt or $Exch uninstall files

- Run the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

- Review registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows Server 2003\SP1 (for example)

Ginger

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Might be answering my own question here - can i simply install the latest Software Update Wizard for Unity on my Unity 5.0 cluster ?

From what i can see, these are released each month by Cisco and are essentially self-extracting .exe's that will install missing MS Hotfixes from that current month and back...?

Any thoughts appreciated. Unity is new to me :o)

Andy,

You answered your own question :) Unity doesn't have software release levels like Call Manager. The latest Server Updates Wizard will install all of the latest MS patches that have been tested to work with Unity.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Hi -

On Windows OS systems, you can check the security patches that have been applied several ways:

- By going to Control Panel - select Add or Remove Programs and check the box Show Updates

- Default C:\Windows directory and look for the $Nt or $Exch uninstall files

- Run the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

- Review registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows Server 2003\SP1 (for example)

Ginger

All MS patches are supported on the Unity servers.

SUW will install the patches that have been specifically tested for Unity and needed.

Service Packs have to be tested by cisco before supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/support/7xcusupp.html#wp525581

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: