cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown entry to Example Interview Handler

bbenner
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0(4)SR1 w/failover, unified, Ex2k3sp2 integrated w/CCM4.0(2a)sr2b 3 server cluster.

Every night the example interview handler is the recipient of calls somehow. I don't have the IH as the target of any caller input (as searched by the object ID from the dB, dBWalker and visual inspections). The IH handler is invoked only after hours. What traces need to be enabled to be able to find how callers get to the IH?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default the Example Interview Handler is used by the off hours after greeting destination for the opening greeting call handler. Be sure to check that first.

The other way to go about this is to pull up CUDLE (Unity Data Link Explorer) and search across the database for any instance of the ObjectID of the interview handler - any reference by any object in the entire DB will be found. You'll need an updated CUDLE version, you can fetch it from here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CUDLE.htm

Open the interview handler table, copy the InterviewHandlerObjectID value for the example interview handler and then open the "Find value in current DB tables" under the file menu and paste that value in. This should help you narrow down any other references that may be lurking around.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default the Example Interview Handler is used by the off hours after greeting destination for the opening greeting call handler. Be sure to check that first.

The other way to go about this is to pull up CUDLE (Unity Data Link Explorer) and search across the database for any instance of the ObjectID of the interview handler - any reference by any object in the entire DB will be found. You'll need an updated CUDLE version, you can fetch it from here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CUDLE.htm

Open the interview handler table, copy the InterviewHandlerObjectID value for the example interview handler and then open the "Find value in current DB tables" under the file menu and paste that value in. This should help you narrow down any other references that may be lurking around.

Thanks man. It was referenced in the Operator CH in closed mode in the after greetings definition.

The object ID was found nowhere in the database though for the IH in the callhandler table for the operator CH. I toggled the reference to the IH on and off, and have found no reference to the object id of the IH anywhere. I suppose the default CHs don't have all parameters listed in the database? CUDLE didn't find any reference to the ObjectID of the Example Interview Handler either. Since the reference was found, I'm happy...but just a little curious where the reference was stored.

It's in there. If there's a link made, it's in the database - it has to be, there no other place for it to be. I suspect maybe you were searching with the wrong ObjectId string or didn't use the generic find all references (the find objectID is specific to certain tasks and will not necessarily find this).

Just tried on a couple boxes and references show up as they should...

I found it. It was in the MessagingRule table for the Operator CH.

Thanks for the pointer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: