cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UPC-Outlook integration broken

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who's link to Outlook broke yesterday and I can't figure out how to fix it, short of re-installing the UPC client again. I can see her setting properly setup in CUPS-->User settings. Her setting in CUCM are properly set for the UPC device with proper MAC-address of her 7942 phone. She told me that she had an error that said Outlook has an error with Unified Personal Communicator and then she closed UPC. Any ideas how to get her back running without re-install of client?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

This is a client-side issue other than server configuration.

I guess some Microsoft update was installed on her computer.

You may try the following:

1) Close Outlook

2) Turn on log profiling by running ProfilerLogTimesAndTrace.reg

3) Open Outlook

4) Observe that the toolbar is not loaded

5) Go to the disabled items list in Outlook (Help->About->Disabled Items) and enable the plug-in

6) Assuming the toolbar still does not load, run the CUPC Problem Reporting tool to collect the logs.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mine sometimes breaks, not sure why. But if I go into Outlook, click on Help and About MS outlook. Then click disabled items. I toggle it on/off and close/open outlook. (CUPC snappin)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

This is a client-side issue other than server configuration.

I guess some Microsoft update was installed on her computer.

You may try the following:

1) Close Outlook

2) Turn on log profiling by running ProfilerLogTimesAndTrace.reg

3) Open Outlook

4) Observe that the toolbar is not loaded

5) Go to the disabled items list in Outlook (Help->About->Disabled Items) and enable the plug-in

6) Assuming the toolbar still does not load, run the CUPC Problem Reporting tool to collect the logs.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Michael,

I am trying to locate the ProfilerLogTimesAndTrace.reg that you are referring to. When I lauch Outlook, it just continually asks if I want to allow or block the application. Either one I select, when I go to the Help-->About-->Disabled Items, the list is empty. Thank you again for your help.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mine sometimes breaks, not sure why. But if I go into Outlook, click on Help and About MS outlook. Then click disabled items. I toggle it on/off and close/open outlook. (CUPC snappin)

Thanks for the response, I did figure out that I had to re-enable it through "Help" as Michael and you stated, it varies a little bit on Outlook 2003 vers 2007. Thanks again!

Im a horrible reader. I pretty much repeated what Michael said. Sorry! not enough coffee this morning yet!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: