cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

update from 4.0(4) to 4.0(5)

king-1195
Level 1
Level 1

Now, I want to update unity from 4.0(4) to 4.0(5). I want to find a update guide. can you give me a link !

thanks

7 Replies 7

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sorry ,I only want to update from 4.04 to 4.05, not shipping version. Because I only want to relove solve the CiscoUnity_AvRdbSvr error which is Unity CSCdy37845 bug.

That bug was fixed in 4.0(3) by adding AvCsGateway dependency on MSSQLSERVER service starting first.

Conceptually the steps provided in Task List for Upgrading Cisco Unity 4.x Software to the Shipping Version Without Failover is correct.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205abd.html#wp1334870

Here is another but it deals with new install.

Installation Guide for Cisco Unity Voice Messaging with Microsoft Exchange 2003/2000 (Without Failover), Release 4.0(5) and Later

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_guide_book09186a008041fc78.html

Because some days ago, My Unity server can work normally, and Event log prompts AvRdbSrv error, I open the case and cisco engineer told it's bug in 4.0(4). But until now , we can't find the essential reason which trigger the bug working because our Unity can't work normally in running process and we never modify the configuration of Unity.

The AvRDBSrv errors may have come about because there is a problem with sql server and as such unity server may not be able to connect to it. Are there any warnings for mssql or sqlserver agent? Do you have enough disk space (and are the transactional logs for unitydb and reportdb sizes larger than 1 gig)?

Are you seeing the events upon reboot? If yes, what happens if you wait 5 minutes, and try to restart Unity? Do you see the AvRDBSrv events even hours after the reboot?

I have enought disk space.

I see the AvRDBSrv error even after reboot, and I can't restart Unity because I can't open Unity admin web and other admin web which prompts connecting Unity database error, besides AvRDBSrv error, I see the Perflib warning, CiscoUnity_Miu, CiscoUnity_AvCs, CiscoUnity_ConvPH error

Have you tried to restart Unity from the system tray icon?

One other thing to try - set CSA to start manually. Reboot the unity server and start CSA five minutes after logging in.