Helpful
Replies

Updating IP Phone Service Subscriptions

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CUCM: 10.5(2)

I just modified a Subscription name of an IP Phone Service becasue when we try to add a Service to an IP Phone, the list of services does NOT display all of the IP Phone Services. The drop-down list seems to just stop in the R's for some reason, Which I had a differnet topic on, at the link below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/phone-services-missing-from-add-new-services-dropdown-box/td-p/3047839

In Firefox, I opened the Page Source Code for the Subscribe/Unscubscriber IP Phone Services window and viewed the list of IP Phone Services that are in the drop-down box, and it looks like it lists exactly 250 Services and then stops. Sort of seems like a Bug to me...?

But anyway, since the IP Phone Service name was called "ShawnLogin", and the list of services to subscribe to his phone stopped in the R's, so his service wouldn't display in the drop-down box. As a workaround I renamed the service to "aShawnLogin" (*I've done this a few times now without issue). However, the service name is still not in the drop-down box, and if I go to Device > Device Settings > Phone Services, the Service aShawnLogin is showing as the very last Service, listed after "ZackLogin".

So even though the service name begins with an "A", its getting listed as the very last IP Phone Service, and therefore it's not showing in the drop-down box so I can subscribe the service to his phone...

Would clicking the Update Subscriptions button sync this service so it gets listed with the services that begin with "A". I've never clicked that button before so I was unsure if that is something that can be done during regular business hours, or should it be done after-hours?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No bug, that's the default value for an enteprise parameter

This parameter specifies the maximum number of items that display in a list box in Cisco CallManager Administration; for any value above the number that is specified in this parameter, only the default (such as None) and the currently selected items appear in the list box, and a Find button appears to the right of the list box. Click the Find button to find and choose the desired item. Increasing the value above the default sends more items directly to the browser but results in slower page loads in a large system. Decreasing the value sends fewer items directly to the browser and results in faster page load for a large system. This setting affects only fields where a large number of user-defined items are likely, such as Partition, Calling Search Space, and Voice Mail Profile.
  This is a required field.
  Default: 250
  Minimum:  50
  Maximum:  9999
  : Please click on the Save button then close the browser and open a new one for the change to take effect.
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No bug, that's the default value for an enteprise parameter

This parameter specifies the maximum number of items that display in a list box in Cisco CallManager Administration; for any value above the number that is specified in this parameter, only the default (such as None) and the currently selected items appear in the list box, and a Find button appears to the right of the list box. Click the Find button to find and choose the desired item. Increasing the value above the default sends more items directly to the browser but results in slower page loads in a large system. Decreasing the value sends fewer items directly to the browser and results in faster page load for a large system. This setting affects only fields where a large number of user-defined items are likely, such as Partition, Calling Search Space, and Voice Mail Profile.
  This is a required field.
  Default: 250
  Minimum:  50
  Maximum:  9999
  : Please click on the Save button then close the browser and open a new one for the change to take effect.
HTH

java

Hey Jaime, thanks for the reply!

Can I modify that option during regular business hours without affecting calls?

Thanks again for the reply, very much appreciated!

-Matt

Yes, that has no effect on calls, just close your browser, open it again and you should see the change.

HTH

java

Ok cool, thanks Jaime!

Two more questions regarding my OP.

How about clicking the Update Subscriptions button in Device > Device Settings > Phone Services... Does that affect calls or people currently using Phone Services? Wasn't sure if there were any side effects of clicking that button.?

Lastly, after reading your screenshot of that "Max List Box Items" option, it mentions that when there are greater than the maximum number of items, it should show a "Find" button. I do see the "Find" button in the Subscribe/Unsubscribe Services window. However, clicking on it does nothing. Tried it in Chrome, IE and Firefox and it didn't do anything in any of them. Attached screenshot of the window after clicking the "Find" button.

Subscribed Cisco IP Phone Services for SEP0021A0D8A101 - Mozilla Firefox.png

Thanks Again,

Matt