Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 8.6.2 to 10.x

Question: I have to Upgrade the following please need your attention and help for the same

CUCM 8.6.2.20000-2       to            CUCM 10.x

CUP 8.6.4.10000-28         to           IM&P 10.x

UNCN  8.6.2.20000-2      to           UNCN 10.x

The above Server is in already Virtualized environment

What I understand is that, I have to do RU (Refresh Upgrade) and no cop file required.

As I don't know whether initial deployment was done using Cisco 8.6 ova or not? So can I use PCD? If so how, please do let me know in detail,

I have all the necessary Cisco EWS and UCSS Contract. Please help

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

PCD upgrade is the exact same

PCD upgrade is the exact same process as you would do manually, only difference, is you can schedule it, and you still need to do all the manual adjustment of OS version, vNIC, etc. But you need to deploy the PCD machine, and upload the ISOs for that. If anything, you could use the migration for CUCM to avoid doing all the manual changes, you need to review the PCD documentation as all the procedures are covered there, it's as simple as searching "prime collaboration deployment" on cisco.com

The first thing you need to do, is read the release notes, the upgrade guides, and the new and changed docs for all 3 apps to see exactly what you need to change for each, and then, do the actual upgrade.

All the information is available on cisco.com, or in many previous threads that have asked the same.

Once you have read all the necessary documentation, you can come back with specific questions.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content