cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CCM 3.3 to 4.1

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi friends, I'm planning to upgrade my CCM 3.3(4)sr2 to CCM 4.1(3). I have a backup file of my CCM 3.3(4)sr2 using BARS, my question is if there's a some kind of problem if I apply that file backup directly in the CCM 4.1(3) (new installation).

Thanks

David

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Hope things are going well with you! You can only use BARS with the exact same CCM Version (including SR's), so this won't work :(

This will have to be done in multiple stages to be supported. Stage 1 will be building CCM 3.3(4) on the new Hardware (no BARS issues) then upgrading to CCM 4.1(3).If you don't want to go that way you could do the upgrade to 4.1(3) on the existing servers and then do a 4.1(3) rebuild/restore on the new boxes with the proper BARS (4.1(3)) Backup. Either way would work just fine :)

Here is a nice Step by Step Guide;

Upgrading Cisco CallManager Release 4.1(3)

Replacing Servers During the Upgrade

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00803fd708.html#wp1039986

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: