cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from MCS 7825 - Licensing Issues

murali123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a MCS 7825 installed at my office.  Since cisco has declared an EOL for the above product, we need to upgrade.  We have been suggested 7816 I4.  I have the following queries.

1.  Is the 7814 I4 a good replacement for 7825?

2.  We have some 7912 IP Phones with us.  Can they be used with 7816 I4.  If so, what are the licenses that we need to buy?

3.  Is video conferencing possible in 7816 I4.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depends, if you plan to have more than 2 servers then no.

When using 7815/7816 the only supported deployment is 1+1 and cannot be mixed with other models in a cluster.

If you're going to have only 1 server or 2 tops then you can use.

BUT most importantly, that model only supports 300 users. 7825 supports 1000 users.

Table 8-3     Maximum Number of Devices per Server Platform

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/callpros.html#wp1059559

Your other 2 questions have no relation whatsoever to CUCM HW being used.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally, I would never recommend an MCS 7816. My main issue with it is there is no RAID (single disk) and the additional deployment restrictions as Java mentioned.

There are no end-point specific limitations (outside of TelePresence) that would not work with a 7816. End point support depends on the product version you are running.

A 7816 is not an upgrade in any means to a 7825 - even in EOL/EOS state.  We do not recommend the 781X series for any customers (regardless of size) except for use in a lab / non-production setting.  If you go with the 7816, you can only cluster with the same model server and the redundancy on the platform is, well, there really isn't any redundancy.  At a minimum, go with another 7825.  It may costs a couple extra bucks but it's worth the peace of mind.

Hailey

Please rate helfpul posts!