pepito1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have purchased ...

UNITY-5.X-VUP-K9

UNITY5.X-SL32-VUP

UNITY5.X-VMUSR-VU

And now we want to upgrade our Unity 4.x to 5.x so we have bought a new 7835-i2

We recieve a PAK that only contains the p/n UNITY-5.X-VUP-K9, i put the mac from the new server and i have recieved the new license without ports or subscriber licenses.

How do i pass the old license from the old server to the new one. Is there a procedure to do that. I read that i can install the new server with unity 5.x then install the old license (with the old ser mac???) on the server and also install the new license with the correct mac. Is this true???

Thanks for your time,

Jose

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just emailing licensing@cisco.com with your old 4.x license. (copy them ALL) to your the email (.lic files) Ask them to do the following:

Hi

We are upgrading our 4x Unity server to 5.x on a new Hardware platform. We would like to request to have our old subscriber license rehomed to the new MAC address.

Old Unity MAC address: xxxxx

New Unity MAC address: xxxxx

Subscribers: xxx

Ports: xxxx

Failover y/n

AMIS: y/n

Thanks!

Expect about 4-24 hour turn around. If you have the SmartNet Contract and Sales Order.

The new license will only install server for the 5x server. The 4.x license has all Subscriber counts, ports, features such as Failover node, AMIS, etc.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just emailing licensing@cisco.com with your old 4.x license. (copy them ALL) to your the email (.lic files) Ask them to do the following:

Hi

We are upgrading our 4x Unity server to 5.x on a new Hardware platform. We would like to request to have our old subscriber license rehomed to the new MAC address.

Old Unity MAC address: xxxxx

New Unity MAC address: xxxxx

Subscribers: xxx

Ports: xxxx

Failover y/n

AMIS: y/n

Thanks!

Expect about 4-24 hour turn around. If you have the SmartNet Contract and Sales Order.

The new license will only install server for the 5x server. The 4.x license has all Subscriber counts, ports, features such as Failover node, AMIS, etc.

Hope this helps!