cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade unity with VNC?

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Does anyone know if upgrading unity with VNC is officially supported or not , and if there is a cisco doc that has this info?

I found the following doc that states that terminal services isn't supported for updates.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008038758e.shtml

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You wont find any remote access products support.... VNC will work fine. I have used it with Unity, SQL, Exchange, and other MS products... Just remember, if something goes wrong, and the server ins 1000 miles away.. you are in big trouble. That is why upgrades normally call for an admin to be at the console. If you are upgrading from 4.05 to 4.1.1, I would say go for it. If you were going from 3.x to 4.x... I would be at the console to do this type of upgrade.

We use an IPKVM that works great. I have used products from Vector Networks (pc duo) and this works great. Usually stay away from PCanywhere, but it does work as well.

Just have a backup plan in place. And do not use Terminal Server for ANY type of patching or upgrades to a windows server or Unity patching/updates. It can get ugly.

hope this helps.

tc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: