Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading question for VG224

Brent Rockburn
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

I am upgrading my UCM cluster to 7.1.5.33900-10 and I know that when I do all my phones will reboot and upgrade to the latest firmware. My question is will my VG224 devices do the same?

Thanks,

BR

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like either:

15.0 or 12.4.24T.   Its more of an IOS version, not so much an issue on CUCM itself.  If your IOS is up to one of the levels mentioned, you should be good.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/versions/IPTMtrix.html#wp1016708

12.4.24T is for 7.1.5

15.0 is for 8.0 and above. 

So take your pick.

What I mean to ask is when I upgrade the phones will automatically upgrade if they see a newer version. I would like to know if the VG224's will do the same. I thought it wouldn't be automatic, but I thought I would check just in case.

Your VG224 should be fine if your IOS level is what I recommend. Im not sure if your configuration is H323, MGCP, SCCP, etc. There may be a CallManager server version that you might need to adjust as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/vg202_vg204/software/vg2_vg4_voip_ps2250_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Tommer Catlin

Senior Collaboration Architect

ePlus Technology, inc.

1376 Borregas Ave.

Sunnyvale, CA 94089

p.408.220.1846 (Direct)

c. 415.845.9329

e.tcatlin@eplus.com

Cisco Designated VIP 2011

www.eplus.com<../../../../../../Documents%20and%20Settings/lmarcum/My%20Documents/emails/www.eplus.com>

The information contained in this electronic transmission and any attachments hereto may be considered proprietary and confidential. Unauthorized distribution of this material to anyone other than the addressed is prohibited. Any disclosure, distribution or use of this transmission for any reason other than their intended purpose is prohibited.