Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading Unity 2.46

I am currently preparing for a Unity 2.46 to 4.0(3) upgrade and was looking for any issues that could come up with the plan. The biggest issue we are facing is we are working with another vendor who is doing an active directory install at the same time.

Currently the customer has the old Dell Unity server running Unified messaging. They have exchange running on this server and also their main mail server. We are planning to migrate to just one exchange 2000 server for all mail/voicemail.

From what I've read about this upgrade procedure I need to follow

Upgrade Preparation for Unity 2.46 to 4.0(3)

Using Cisco tools review consistency of Unity database

Move Mailboxes on Unity to server to different server (Inergex)

Backup messages and other data

Install and run the Cisco Unity Database export utility on old server

Install new Cisco Unity Server on 7835

Install and run the Cisco Unity Database Import Utility on fresh Unity install

Review the consistency of the 4.0 database

Enter any custom data

If anyone has tips/hints/suggestions/caveats I would greatly appreciate this.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Upgrading Unity 2.46

I'd probably run the FullDBExport before you moved mailboxes around there - so after checking the DB integrity and fixing as many inconsistencies as you can, grab a backup with the FullDBExport tool - then backup the messages (presumably with ExMerge), then move the mailboxes around and such.

Re: Upgrading Unity 2.46

We have 2 exchange 5.5 servers (one on unity one seperate) obviously we are going to Exchange 2K, when is the best time to move the mailboxes? THe current unity is a Dell server so this is going away completely, the new unity server will be built against a new Exchange 2K server (seperate box) when should we move the 5.5 mailboxes to the 2k?

Views
Helpful
Replies