cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Unity 4.0(1) to Unity 4.2(1)

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Im upgrading a Unity voicemail as above and have a problem with the licensing. On the licensing website I am being asked to supply:

1 - MAC address

2 - PAK number

3 - Serial number of the currently installed Cisco Unity security key/dongle.

Items 1 and 2 are obvious but its item 3 thats causing a problem. There is no dongle connected to this system so where do I find the serial number? I cant generate a license file without this info. Can anyone help me?

2 Replies 2

jheckart
Level 3
Level 3

Assuming that you have Smartnet, I would call Licensing, and get the license number. They are usually easy to work with.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

Just go ahead and submit the Licensing request without the Dongle info. The form is somewhat generic in that it would also be used for 3.x to 4.x upgrades where this info is required. Here is what is shown for 4.x to the lateset shipping version upgrade;

Obtaining Cisco Unity License Files

The following information is required during registration:

The MAC address (physical address) for the network interface card (NIC) in the Cisco Unity server.

The product authorization key (PAK), which appears on the sticker located on the front of the sleeve for Cisco Unity DVD 1 or CD 1.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00804455cc.html#wp1711272

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: