cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Unity 5.0(1) from Windows 2000 to 2003

mlitka
Level 2
Level 2

In the Reconfiguration and Upgrade Guide it states that you should perform a DiRT backup, complete a fresh install of Windows 2003 and Unity 5.0(1) and then do a DiRT restore. Could one use a BackupExec SQL backup to do the restore instead? Has anyone tried this? Are there any caveats?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would not do this. It's very easy to do what the guide is saying.

DIRT backup, copy off to another location

If you have a spare drive, even better for backup.

Blow the server away

Load up the Unity Platform disc of Windows 2003, or if you have a copy of Windows 2003, that's fine.

Load SQL SP4

Load Unity to same version you had

DIRT Import.

Works like a champ.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would not do this. It's very easy to do what the guide is saying.

DIRT backup, copy off to another location

If you have a spare drive, even better for backup.

Blow the server away

Load up the Unity Platform disc of Windows 2003, or if you have a copy of Windows 2003, that's fine.

Load SQL SP4

Load Unity to same version you had

DIRT Import.

Works like a champ.

i agree with Tommer, the process is not really difficult.

If what you propose fails you will end up rebuilding the server to do it the documented way so might as well do that procedure and avoid doing another reinstall

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Great thanks for the info. Is the SQL SP4 included on the DVD's? I have read other posts in the forum saying that this is on a seperate DVD that doesn't get sent out with the upgrade kit by default. I checked and I know I didn't get one.

Is there anything I need to take note of that the DiRT tool doesn't backup? I have noted our custom AST settings.

SQL should be included in your Unity CDs. SP4 can be downloaded here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8e2dfc8d-c20e-4446-99a9-b7f0213f8bc5&displaylang=en

DIRT does grab everything! I was not sure if Exchange was on box or off box though. DIRT will grab the voicemails also if you are using Voicemail Only. We you go to use DiRT import, it can autocreate the accounts, exchange mailboxes, etc and then import the vmails.

It is not on the Cisco Unity DVDs but it is on the service pack cds. It is checked and installed when running cuspa.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: