cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload greeting wave files into Unity Connection !!!

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When using Unity Connection to set up an auto attend (Call Handlers based AA), is it possible to upload high quality wave files instead of recording them from the admin interface.

Thanks in advance

10 Replies 10

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the media master control in the admin interface has the option to open a WAV file on the hard drive (i.e. a high quality recording). Under the option menu there's an "open file" - when you save it, it'll get uplaoded.

Note that it'll be translated into a MuLaw mono recording on the way up - so if you record a very HD recording in stereo and such, it wont sound quite the same.

Hello Friends,

I have the same problem, I´m working with Unity Connection v 9.1.2, but I can´t see any menu in order to open a file. I only see the "Play/Record" interface . When I press it, Unity shows a message: "InnitApple Failed to get the instance"

Does anyone know about it? 

That is a Java issue.  In the Java control panel you will need to add the site to the exception site list.  I still get that message even when the aplet loads correctly.

Hello tbytheway,

I just added an exception in the list of the Java control panel and the Unity´s app worked properly!

However when I try to upload the wav file to the Unity´s app shows me:

"Could not load audio recording from file. The file is either not an audio file, an unsupported audio format or corrupted "

My wav file is fine because I uploaded it in UCM and it worked properly.

It needs to be u-law 8000Hz 64kbps mono.  Is that the format that it's in?  Rarely do recordings come in the format required for Unity.

You can use the website G711.org to convert the audio files to the right format.

BroadWorks Classic (8Khz, Mono, u-law)

this worked for me and very easy to use.  Thanks!!!!!

Hey, I added the exception in JAVA control panel, however, I am still getting "InnitApple Failed to get the instance" error. Any Idea or recommendations? 

you might want to start a new thread - jumping into the middle of a thread started 8 years ago might not been seen by some folks who could help.

I agree, thank you so much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: