cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

USbms_unitynode acct restore issues

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.1.1, exchange 2000 offbox and separate voice mail dedicated windows 2000 AD.

The USbms_unitynode account was accidently deleted. So our Unity server is spewing out CiscoUnity_MALEx error msgs every 15min. We decided to to do an authoritative restore on the first domain controller in our single domain forest of 2 dc's. Since we are running W2K we just auth restored the Subtree -> Users, get confirmation that the objects were restored. The problem is when we reboot out of dir services retore mode the restored AD gets over written by the second/non-restored domain controller. There are other errors but what I was wondering has anyone else tried to do an auth restore in this config? I thought CSA may have been an issue but it was removed with the same results. This should have worked according to all I have read on the web and by contacting other AD admins.

I still have my issue with the USbms_unitynode account. I have opened a TAC case but no resolution. Has anyone else resolved this problem?

Thanks for any help,

Beth Verish

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Beth -

Here is a post Cisco helped me with on a Unity server where the USBMS account was also mistakenly deleted - http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd910de/0#selected_message

This method might be easier than attempting to get the account back via auth restore. Best wishes!

Ginger

Michael Huffman
Level 1
Level 1

I had an issue with the USbms account as well and this what I did:

-Delete the account USBms_ and purge the mailbox if it exists.

-Run the Data Link Explorer ( CUDLE ) utility.

-Go to the Query Builder and enter: sp_MakeBroadcastMbox then click the “Execute” button. This should update 1 table and create the new mail enabled account in AD.

-top and start the CsBmsgConnector service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: