Replies

Use one account for administrating multiple Unity servers

darren.staples
Level 1
Level 1

senerio:

2 unity servers, 1 bridge, 1 octel

(unity 4.2(1))

the 2 Unity servers are in own domains with a Unity network connection between them.

the unityinstall account can access both servers. We want to give another account this type of access for their administrators to use, like unityadmin.

Can you add an administrative account without creating a Unity subscriber - like unityinstall. This way we don't waste unity licensing.

thanks

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can. This can be done with the GrantUnityAccess utility. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094b84.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

thanks,

I did this process using the EAdmin account (instead of the installer account - would this pose any issues?).

Is there a way to give (configurable) access to non subsriber. So this user has limited administrative rights on both unity servers. This is easy on the one where his account resides, but how could we allow this same (cos)administrative right on the unity server?

thanks

This wouldn't pose any issues that I'm aware of.

You could associate the account with a subscriber with a more restrictive COS.

Brandon

I agree with that, but that only works for one Unity server, there are 2 Unity VM servers. The account is only on one Unity box. How do we get that user to have access (administratively) on the other ?

You would either need to create an account or give an existing account the COS that you need for the non-subscriber(s). Creating an account may defeat your purpose unless you need multiple non-subscribers to have access in which case you only have to create one account for a group of users.

Brandon

thanks again and sorry for beating this to death ...

If I have a subscriber on one Unity and give that user the appropriate cos to do the administration that is required to do (no more). would I need to create a phamtom subscriber on the other Unity server and associate that subsriber (AD account) to the phamton subscriber on the second Unity and then adjust the cos for the phamton subscriber?

That is correct.

Brandon

thanks again,

enjoy the rest of your day.