cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User account still showing on retired Unity server

jcrotts
Level 1
Level 1
Is there a way to sieze the account? this person moved from one site to another and I am unable to add her to her new unity server. Thank you
3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

presumably the original Unity server was not properly uninstalled then?  The user accounts in AD will continue to have the primary location objectId of that Unity server in their AD account (I think the AD property name is ciscoUnityLocationObjectId or similar) - Unity servers will see that value and recognize it as indicating the user is already homed on another Unity server and as such will not allow you to also create a mailbox on another server (this would cause lots of problems if it did).

so if the Unity server was removed without fully uninstalling all objects first or crashed or the like you'll have to remove that property first.

The CiscoUnityTools.com site has a tool called "Remove Subscriber Properties" that can help with this:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/RemoveSubscriberPropertiesFromAD/RemoveSubscriberPropertiesFromAD.html

be careful!  don't remove AD properties for "live" users as you'll end up having to reimport them (and lose all their existing Unity settings and such) - make sure you're picking the right user to clean.

That certainly looks like the right tool for the job, but I need to see the child domain objects. Is there a way too change this from the root to a child domain.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I didn't write the tool (Steve did) so I can't say how you can connect to different DCs - but the training video out there at about the 7:30 point shows how to do this in the ADSI edit tool as well - which lets you get at anything - there's only a single property you need to clear out of the user and it shows you how to do that (CiscoUnityUmLocationObjectId I think) - if you clear it out you can import it.