cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Dump Tool with Unity Connection 7.1(3)

dmotloch
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone else using the userdump tool? I know it's not supported by TAC, but perhaps you are hitting the same problem as me?

I'm trying to dump 6000 users with it. It stops dumping to file at around 2550 users and then fills my hard drive with a log file (over 60GB before my drive was filed).

HELP!

I just need to see what percentage of users have done the self enrollment.

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cool - I need to stitch in specific error handling for that error number to direct folks to the problem (there are other possible causes but this is the most likely). I'll stick it on my to-do list.

BTW, the BAT/LDAP bug was fixed along the way in the 7.x line. The bug ID for it is CSCta83302

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dmotloch
Level 1
Level 1

try opening a 60GB log file! :)

This is the error that repeats to fill my drive.

(error) in export. Description=[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Unspecified System Error = -21005., Source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers, Number=-2147467259

Skipping output for this user and jumping to the next user

I'll try re-installing the informix obdc driver and see if that helps.

The -21005 error is being thrown by the server and it indicates a language error (i.e. the characters in the server's DB do not match the language the client is asking for). This almost always means some bit of text corruption got in there. There was a bug in BAT and the LDAP import that did not properly handle Unicode characters in files for import and display and first/last names got some funky illegal characters in them.

There's nothing a client can do to talk the server side into skipping to the next record here - the ODBC side of things is stuck.

the output from CUDD is sorted by alias - you should be able to find the guy with the corruption in them by sorting by alias in the SA and looking at what the next guy after the last one output by CUDD is. I'll bet you see some funky looking characters in the names in the next few entries.

thanks, this resolved the problem. One user had an accent on a name that was imported. Once I removed it, all is well.

cool - I need to stitch in specific error handling for that error number to direct folks to the problem (there are other possible causes but this is the most likely). I'll stick it on my to-do list.

BTW, the BAT/LDAP bug was fixed along the way in the 7.x line. The bug ID for it is CSCta83302

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: