cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User on CUC

senanforest
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user on CUC who left the work and I gave the user phone number to a new user. On CUC when it sync with LDAP I still can see the old user profile, how can I change it to the new user profile.

Many Thanks

Senan

5 Replies 5

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

I normaly delete the old user mailbox and recreate a mailbox for the new user. Saves headaches and is quicker.

Gareth

Correct, if you do not need to retain the voicemail messages simply delete the user and create new one from scratch as it takes seconds.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks guys for your answer, but the old user account is linked with LDAP, shouldn't LDAP update the settings as I have moved the phone number in AD from the old user to the new one?

If I delete the old mailbox how do I create a new one for the new user or just leave it till the next LDAP sync thus the new mailbox will be created for the new user?

Thanks

Senan

No, UCXN integrated users do not get their extension from LDAP, they are locally defined. If a user is deleted from LDAP on the other hand the user then is converted to local UCXN user within 48 hours.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much, I just did it now.

I have deleted the old user mailbox from CUC>>>users

then

went to Import users and typed the new user name and imported it and it worked. All good now

Many thanks

Senan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: