Views
Helpful
Replies

user's association broken - Unity

mattsmith
Level 1
Level 1

I have this error in CUCM BE Unity

"This user's association to the co-resident Cisco Unified Communications Manager user has been broken."

I Click Here to reassociate the orphaned user... but no user names appear.

Can some help me?

Thanks

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matt -

Here is a link to the BE manual in case you don't have it - https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b08user.html#wp1059267

You did not mention in your post if you had CUCM integrated with LDAP - the guide discusses the differences in how users are created and synchronized, including this caveat "

You must configure User ID and Directory Extension for the user in Cisco Unified Communications Manager before you can configure the end user in Cisco Unity Connection. You cannot create a Cisco Unity Connection user without a corresponding Cisco Unified Communications Manager user. You cannot delete an end user in Cisco Unity Connection Administration, unless you have enabled LDAP synchronization and the Cisco DirSync service deletes the user in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration after you delete the user in the LDAP directory. If the Cisco DirSync service deletes the user for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, you must manually delete the user in Cisco Unity Connection, as described in the User Moves, Adds, and Changes Guide for Cisco Unity Connection. If you do not delete the user in Cisco Unity Connection Administration, Cisco Unity Connection classifies the user as orphaned." Have you tried recreating the user in CUCM and then reassociating in Unity?

Ginger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matt -

Here is a link to the BE manual in case you don't have it - https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b08user.html#wp1059267

You did not mention in your post if you had CUCM integrated with LDAP - the guide discusses the differences in how users are created and synchronized, including this caveat "

You must configure User ID and Directory Extension for the user in Cisco Unified Communications Manager before you can configure the end user in Cisco Unity Connection. You cannot create a Cisco Unity Connection user without a corresponding Cisco Unified Communications Manager user. You cannot delete an end user in Cisco Unity Connection Administration, unless you have enabled LDAP synchronization and the Cisco DirSync service deletes the user in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration after you delete the user in the LDAP directory. If the Cisco DirSync service deletes the user for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, you must manually delete the user in Cisco Unity Connection, as described in the User Moves, Adds, and Changes Guide for Cisco Unity Connection. If you do not delete the user in Cisco Unity Connection Administration, Cisco Unity Connection classifies the user as orphaned." Have you tried recreating the user in CUCM and then reassociating in Unity?

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Recreating the user worked...

Thanks

Matt

"I like the name Ginger"

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

What if re-building the user on the CM side still fails?  We have recreated an 'orphaned' user on CM, but it still does not show up in the list of available users?

CUXN still shows orphaned

CUCM has a user available

When I attempt an import or a re-association, I still only see a small handful of the users available.

Additionally, the DirSync svc was stopped and disabled.  Re-starting the service didn't help.

Suggestions?

Do i get to play follow the sun with TAC?

Thanks,

Matt (a different one)