cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User's greeting not playing we sent to voice mail

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a very strange problem. We have some users who prior to today had a Unity voice mail account with an Avaya phone and using PIMG. We cut them over to a Cisco phone today and when someone calls them from the PSTN they don't hear the users greeting, however I can see the call come in and connect and if I leave a message they will get it, now if an internal users calls (another IP Phone) they have no problem. I did change the switch to now point to Call Manager but stills does not work.

Any thoughts!

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You may use Port status monitor to troubleshoot what Unity is doing when the call gets to Unity.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I went into Port status monitor and this is what it said:

State - Play Greeting

Call answered if needed

Playing greeting for Subscriber: Jane Doe

No DTMF received

Taking message for Subscriber: Jane Doe

Event is [RecordMsgEvent]

State - Record Message

Event is [HangupEvent]

Now If I leave a message right away she will get it, it's not playing her greeting message

Sounds like maybe you are having a one-way audio problem between Unity and your gateway. Do you hear any audio from Unity during this call? (e.g. if you press # to end the recording you should hear after message menu options)

I do not hear anything from Unity even when I press the # key. The Unity server is at another location, but it worked with the same gateway prior to today. The only thing that's changed today is that we moved them from an Avaya phone to an IP phone. Now I didn't mention one thing, the customer still has the T1 Pri going through his Avaya system until we finish the other sites.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: