cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Microsoft Exchange 2010 with Unity Doc Error?

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello all,

In reviewing this document for a customer this coming weekend, I noticed what I think is an error in step 19.  Here is the link to the document - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/using_exch2010/usingex2010withcu7x5x.html

The mailbox we are moving, if already created, is not the unitymsgstoresvc account, but the mailbox used when running the Message Store Configuration wizard to partner with an Exchange server - the Unity_servername mailbox.  The unitymsgstoresvc account does not need a mailbox. 

It would be great if someone could post a response on this before I work this weekend.  I assume the Exchange 2010 RPC mailbox policy is configured for this same account.  Many thanks,

Ginger

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ginger!

Long time no see   The document is correct, with Exchange 2010, you'll need to create a mailbox for the UnityMsgStoreSvc account (or move it if it's already created).  This sentence is not referring to the commonly known Unity_ account.

Hope that helps you this weekend,

Brad

View solution in original post

Yep, you'll want to move your Unity_ along with making sure UnityMsgStoreSvc has a mailbox.

Brad

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ginger!

Long time no see   The document is correct, with Exchange 2010, you'll need to create a mailbox for the UnityMsgStoreSvc account (or move it if it's already created).  This sentence is not referring to the commonly known Unity_ account.

Hope that helps you this weekend,

Brad

Hi Brad -

Nice to hear from you as well!!  Thank you for the clarification on the instructions.  Note:  is the Unity_servername mailbox still needed then for partnering with Exchange 2010 and if so should I move it from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 as I planned?  Or does the unitymsgstoresvc account now take the external caller voice messages?

Thanks again,

Ginger

Yep, you'll want to move your Unity_ along with making sure UnityMsgStoreSvc has a mailbox.

Brad

Will do!  Have a great weekend!  Your help will make mine a success :-)

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: