cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using same Exchange 2010 account for 2nd Unity connection Single Inbox integration

BILL PETERSEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an existing Unity Connection 8.6 integration working with Exchange 2010 for single inbox and such. Things are working fine.

I have built a new Unity Connection 9x cluster and plan to use COBRAS to migrate data but need to build the Exchange 2010 integration and was wondering if it would be ok to use the same Exchange AD account I have created for the 8.6 integration for the 9x integration since the account already exists already. Would that cause an issue?

thanks

1 Reply 1

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

I cannot say for certain but you could safely integrate both servers into exchange just ensure the user is only enabled for single inbox on a single unity connections cluster.

Depending on your time frame and migration strategy you can create an additional voice mail profile on the communications manager for the connections 9.x, disable the exchange integration on the unity connection 8.6 (globally or for particular users) and swing the line voice mail profile over for the 9x version.

You can use COBRAS to import user (or users) to the other cluster that are exchange enabled, however users may get a duplicate voice mail in their mail client or don't import messages and get users to check/clear messages on the old system using exchange or dial-in.

Hope this helps