Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UTIM help missing

When I open the UTIM tool, I get a message telling me the UTIM Help is missing. _Is_ there any? If so, where would I get it?

Unity 4.0(3), Exchange 2003

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, UTIM has a help file - This should be found under the \commserver\utilities\utim\help\utim.htm - if it's not there something went wrong with the setup along the way.

Where are you running UTIM from?

It's there.

I'm running it from Cisco Unity Tools Depot->Switch Integration Tools->Telephone Integration Manager. A single-click gives me the message: "The help file could not be found for this application." Double-click starts the app OK. Single-clicking on every other tool I've tried shows the help.

Figured out why. If I right-click on the app, Properties lists the Help files in the wrong place -- claims they're in \commserver\utilities\utim\utim.htm. I could easily move the help files, I suppose; can I modify the properties somehow?

[Aside] I got here trying to figure out why the MWI was on on a bunch of phones (shared DN) which weren't configured for voicemail, thinking I'd force synchronization and make it all better. Problem was, I'm 99.44% certain, that the user had mistakenly dialled the MWI-on DN. Once he'd done that, it exhibited some really odd behavior.

Hmmm... that's odd - I just checked the scripts and my own 4.0(3) install and everything looks right - not sure how the path in the registry would have gotten fouled up. Was this an upgrade from a previous version? Perhpas the help file was tucked in its own directory along the way... just a guess.

Regardless, yes, you can change this. Open the registry and go to:

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\ToolsDepot\Switch Integration Tools\Telephone Integration Manager\

In there you will see a key with the path to the help file - add the "\help\" directory in there and it'll fix that error dialog.

Yes, it was an upgrade. Don't remember from what -- probably 4.0(2). I initially fixed it by copying the help file to the claimed folder, but I'll change it back and fix the Registry appropriately. I did notice that there's inconsistency among the tools -- some put help in its own directory, some don't. Maybe UTIM got torn between two worlds somewhere along the way.

Many thanks from us little guys without a CCIE in the next cubicle -- I'm actually starting to feel comfortable with Unity (up from terrified, a long way yet from competent). It's fun and rewarding just reading this forum, and the tools and obvious attention being paid to them are terrific.