Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Veritas Backup Exec for Unity 4.0(4) with Failover

Customer has Voicemail Only, With a Primary Unity, Failover Unity and Exchange Message Store off box. He would like a to back up both Unity Servers and the message store. He had purchased (2)License for Windows Servers, (1)License Exchange Agent, (2)License SQL Agents, (2)License Remote Agents. Question, do I have sufficient amount of licenses for this configuration? The primary Unity Server does not have a tape device. The Failover Unity Server does have the tape device. And the Exchange Server does not have a tape device. So, on the failover system would I install: Backup

Software,Exchange/SQL agents pointing to the tape device. On the Exchange Server install: Backup Software with Remote Agent pointing back to the Unity Failover Server with the tape device. With the above configuration that leaves me with (1)BackupExec Windows,(1)SQL,(1)Remote Agent Licenses for the primary Unity without a tape device. I'm not sure if we have enough licenses. Has anyone attempted this configuration before and how? Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content