Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VG224 - Authentication & Call Pickup Questions

Greetings,

I'd like to know if it is possible to configure a VG224 to accept user authentication to allow outgoing calls.

My client has a PBX and Analog Phones and he's migrating this to a Cisco VoIP Solution, he purchased a CCM, a 2821 and a VG224. Right now, the phone operators have to dial a login and password so they can make outbound calls. I know that with Cisco IP Phones and Cisco IP Communicator it's possible to do that using the CCM Extension Mobility feature. I'd like to use that same feature on the Analog Phones connected to the VG224.

Is it possible?

~[EDIT] Is it possible to configure Call Pickup Groups on Analog Phones connected to the VG224 aswell?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Daniel @ Telsinc - BRA

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: VG224 - Authentication & Call Pickup Questions

Hi Daniel,

Analog phones do not support Extension Mobility :( But they can be used with Call Pickup Groups, you would need to use SCCP for these features to work;

Check out Table 1 from this VG224 doc (show SCCP support for Pickup);

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_data_sheet09186a00801d87f6.html

Local group pickup and external group pickup are supported for Cisco Unified CallManager only if the AutoCallPickupEnabled service parameter is set to True.

Directed call park and directed call pickup are not supported for Cisco Unified CallManager.

Call Pickup Group

Allows incoming calls in a different pickup group than the user to be picked up.

User picks up a ringing extension by dialing the FAC prefix, the group pickup code, and the number of the pickup group. Default prefix and code is **4.

Note The stcapp feature access-code command must be enabled on the Cisco IOS voice gateway.

Call Pickup Local

Allows incoming calls in the same pickup group as the user to be picked up.

User picks up a ringing extension by dialing the FAC prefix and the local pickup code. Default prefix and code is **3.

Note The stcapp feature access-code command must be enabled on the Cisco IOS voice gateway.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html#wp1178205

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content