Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VIC-4FXS/DID Unable to recieve faxes

Hi All,

I have a client who is able to send but unable to recieve faxes.

They have 3 x Xerox Workcentre 7242 multifunction devices connected to a VIC-4FXS/DID card in a Cisco 2821 voice gateway.

The gateway has been configured as H.323 and the FXS ports are configured as skinny.

When I dial the fax number from my mobile phone or another fax, it rings once, answers but then doesn't apear to train up (no screeching heard), call remains active for 45 secs before disconnecting.  The Xerox recognises a call is coming in, the display shows 'Recieiving' but my fax still shows as dialing. When the call disconnects the Xerox display shows 'Completed - Error'.

From the VG config under 'voice service voip' I changed 'modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw' to 'fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw', this made no difference. Config attached.

Using an analogue phone to test, incoming and outgoing calls work fine.

I'm scheduled to go back to client site tomorrow to look in to this. I'll be taking another 'known working' fax machine with me and try that. The other thing a colleague suggested was to remove the skinny config and apply H.323 instead.

Has anyone come across this or have any thoughts on what else I could try when I attend site tomorrow?

Any help would be most appreciated!!

Thanks,

Asim

Update - Went to site, tested with a standard fax machine and this worked fine. The Exerox did not function over SCCP of Voip config, removed and used H.323, all ok.

Message was edited by: asim.shahzad@bt.com

Views
Helpful
Replies