cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

video advantage work correctly

bobsloan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of questions.  One I have Video Advantage on 2 desktop and IP Communicator running along with 2 IP 7942 phone. When I make a call the video should open right up but I don't get anything.  I have enable video on the CUCM 8.5 server I got it to work once but I switched phones from 7940 to a 7942 and it has not worked since. Any suggestions.

2nd quesiton ONce I get the VA working I would like to access the calls using a bluetooth deivce. Will the bluetooth work with IP Communicator?

Last question how do your active a VidMode on the softkeys?

New to CUCM so sorry in advance if questions are IP Phone 101.

Bob

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Remember, VTAdvantage utuilizes CDP.   Your PC/laptop and IP phone need to be connected together and configured to work correctly.   Walljack----IPphone----PC.   This way, when the phone rings, CDP notifies VTadvanage to startup the video and once the call is connected, video is on, phone is off hook, etc.

Tommer thanks for the reply,

I found out that if I restart my PC’s it will start the video. But I have to do this every time I make a call.. My set up is as you wrote wall jack---- IP phone

Do you have both the desk phone and IP communicator running on the same PC as CUVA? If yes remember that you need to specify which device you want CUVA to bind to: 7900 or CIPC. Open the client and make sure the line is green (if memory serves) between the camera icon and the correct device.

HI Jonathan,

Thanks for getting back with me. I do have the desk phone and IP Communicator running on the same PC as CUVA. On one PC I can switch from one to the other connection IP phone or IP Communicator, but the other will only connect to the IP phone and not the IP Communicator. And the CUVA will work on one call only but will not work on the 2nd call. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

What do you mean by the second call? You mean switch to a second call on hold? I don’t think that’s possible

I have figured it out. What I meant by a 2nd call was when I would hang up and then go back off-hook to place a second call it would not pop up the video. What I found out is that if I place a call from the IPC on the desktop and answered it with IPC on the laptop it would work. But if I made a call from the laptop using the ip phone to the desktop and answer it with the ip phone it would not work. The reason I can see is that the icon on the AV is grayed out on the desktop, saying it does not see the ip phone it is connected too. Weird! I have both phones set to video enabled. Once I find out why the desktop will not see the ip phone I am sure everything will work… After that I have to get it to work on a Macintosh.

Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: